1 recipe pizza dough (or frozen bread dough defrosted)
2 cups mixed Italian Cheeses (or plain Mozzarella or Queso Oaxaca) shredded
1 recipe pizza sauce or 8 oz prepared spaghetti sauce or Pesto
- Prepare Pizza dough. Press it out into a 14 inch greased pizza pan.
- preheat oven to 400º ( 205º C).
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the pizza sauce.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pizza dough is brown and the cheese has melted and is also browned.
- Let pizza cool. Remove pizza from pan and cut into wedges.
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon dry yeast (levadura)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon olive oil (aceite olivio)
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups flour (harina)
- Put water in mixing bowl of heavy duty mixer. Dissolve yeast in water. Let it stand until stand a few minutes until it becomes foamy.
- As salt and oil. Mix on low speed with dough hook.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour and knead with dough hook until the dough clings to the hook and cleans the sides of the bowl. Add more flour if necessary.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl and let it rise until double in size.
- Punch down the dough. Press it out into a greased 14 inch pizza pan.
Replace one cup of the flour with whole wheat flour (harina integral) for a whole wheat pizza.
You can also add some Italian herbs, such as oregano and basil to the flour if you want.
You can easily double or triple this recipe. If you triple it don't triple the yeast.
I use the canned spray to grease things, for this recipe I use Olive oil spray.
8 oz tomato sauce (1 small box puree de tomate )
3 teaspoons Italian herbs*
2 cloves garlic minced
Combine the ingredients in small pan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. Cool.
* you can combine oregano, basil, cumin and cilantro instead. I use more oregano than the other herbs.